Homely and appetizing meals & a daily change of menu
Our chef is highly skilled, producing imaginative meals using local fresh produce whenever possible. Residents are offered choices and special dietary needs are met.
Menus are available to all service users and they are actively encouraged to be involved in menu planning (menus change regularly). Vegetarians and dietary conditions are appropriately catered for. Mealtimes are a leisurely affair and staff are available to assist residents when required.
Resident nutrition is given a high priority to ensure optimum health and monitoring of weights is carried out on a monthly basis. Any significant weight gain or loss is investigated and brought to the attention of the resident’s own General Practitioner so that appropriate action may be taken.
Cooked breakfast every day.
We have recognized that many of our residents have their best appetite of the day at breakfast time. For this reason we have introduced cooked breakfast for all residents which has proved very successful in terms of excellent take up and enjoyment and has improved outcome for residents’ nutrition and weight maintenance.
At breakfast service users can request a full English with choice from bacon, sausage, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms and eggs or continental breakfast. Service users can also make a variety of choices from juices, fruit, cereals, toast, sandwiches and/or eggs with tea or coffee.
- Breakfast: Served between 7am and 10.30am in the service users’ bedrooms, although they may go to the dining room or other areas of the home i.e. the garden, if they choose to do so.
- Morning beverages: Served at 10.00 with biscuits (or throughout the day)
- Lunch: Served at 12.30 in the dining room, but service users may choose to eat in their bedrooms, or other areas of the home.
- Afternoon tea: Served at 15.00 with a choice of homemade cakes, fresh fruit and/ or cheese and biscuits.
- Supper: Served at 17.00 in the dining room, again, service users may choose to eat in their bedrooms or other areas of the home.
- Evening Snack: Hot drinks and sandwiches/toast is served at 20.00 and/or as required.
- Night drinks are given throughout the night at times chosen by the service user, or as and when required.
- Snacks – biscuits, sandwiches are also available throughout the night.
The chef will prepare fresh snacks, to order, throughout the day.
Help is always on hand at mealtimes if required.
“We are living at a distance from the Glais House and have called unnanounced at Glais House to find Nan looking so well looked after. It is heartening to know that she is being cared for by such a professional, caring team.”
Glais House Relative Survey (2012)
Menus will be adapted to the needs of individual service users when required, and where practicable.